Sunday, April 15, 2007

Book Hos Begins

So Jen's husband, Wayne, suggested that I put together a blog for our book club. Well, here it is! Just for us Book Hos!

Jen and I met today for the first official meeting of the Book Hos at Sweet Tomatoes in St Charles. Quite delicious, I must say. Patty and Kim, you missed out on some really good Asiago Foccacia Bread.

The first recommendation for a book comes from Jen ... Alive:Sixteen Men, Seventy-two Days, and Insurmountable Odds--the Classic Adventure of Survival in the Andes by Piers Paul Read.

The second book will be The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I have two copies of this one, so please let me know if you would like to borrow one of them.

Kim told me to go ahead and pick something, so let's say the third book is the one from Oprah's book club .... The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

Patty - We need your recommendation!

Shall we aim to have the first book ready by early July? How about Sunday, July 1st? And where should we meet? I can suggest my place, but is that too far for everyone to travel?

I'm going to be ordering some books from Amazon this week, so let me know if you want me to order anything for you (free shipping over $25) by Wednesday.

No comments: