Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Fourth Book Will Be ....

Patty has chosen Without a Map by Meredith Hall. Sounds like a good book, Patty.

I saw a headline this morning that The Road won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction. So, it's gotta be good, no?

If you guys don't mind, in light of recent events (Don Imus), I'm going to change my book choice to To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I think it will be interesting to take a look at racism in 1960 versus today, and see how far we've come ... or how far we haven't.

So, here's the lineup:
1. Alive: Sixteen Men, Seventy-two Days, and Insumountable Odds -- the Classic Adventure of Survival in the Andes by Piers Paul Read
2. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4. Without a Map by Meredith Hall

Again, I'll be ordering books from Amazon tomorrow, so let me know if you want me to order anything for you.

And does July 1st work for anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

July 1st works for me. Can you order my books too?
Patty

Kim said...

Who you callin ho, Bitch?!