Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Oprah Interviews Cormac McCarthy

According to an article in the Tribune, Oprah did a mini-segment today where she interviewed Cormac McCarthy, author of our third book, The Road. Here's the link to the article. I hope the book's not TOO depressing. At least they mention that it has an uplifting ending.

Interesting that Oprah chose Middlesex for her next book. That's a good one. Jen and I read it a couple years ago when it was just the two of us in the book club. I have a copy if anyone ever wants to borrow it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ladies - I am so sorry I missed the gathering last night. After I got off the phone with Amanda, I turned our calendar to July, and sure enough, I had made a notation for the book club. I guess it helps to have the calendar up with the correct month showing!! We were doing a lot of running this weekend getting ready to go to GB tomorrow, and I just completely spaced out - so, so sorry. The blog shows book 2 as To Kill a Mockingbird, but Amanda, I swear you said last night the next book was The Road. Can someone confirm which one we are reading next?? Thanks!
Jen